Services we offer
- Revenue management
- Smart metering and pre-paid vending solutions
- Project management
- Electrical design & implementation
- Electrical & water installation and maintenance
Eligugu Utility Management has been at the forefront of reselling and utility management in South Africa for almost three decades and offers comprehensive revenue and utility management services to the private and public sectors in South Africa and across the African continent.
Our focus here is the metering and subsequent submetering, of more specifically, utilities.
The generation, supply and distribution of utilities, that would be electricity, water and gas, as per current legislation, is currently the responsibility of the state, so when we refer to electricity supply we are talking about Eskom and where you get your water, falls under the responsibility of the municipality you live in and their respective Water Boards.
Single-phase electricity is often used in homes or business where electricity is mostly used for general purposes
such as lighting and heating.
• Single-phase electric power refers to the distribution of alternating current in which all the voltages of the supply vary in unison.
• Standard frequencies of single-phase power systems are either 50 or 60 Hz
• Single phase power availability varies in different countries. For example, in the UK a single-phase household supply may be rated 100 Amps to 125 Amps.
This may mean that there is little need for 3
phase electricity in a domestic or small commercial environment.
Typical Features of Single Phase Meters
• LCD display
• Low credit alarming (LED or Buzzer)
• Rate indicator
• Rated voltage 120V, 220 - 240V
• Frequency 50H z, 60Hz
• Current 5A, 10A or 20A
• Maximum current: 60A to 100A
• Starting current 25mA
• Power consumption below 1W
• User interface: Keypad
• Operating temperature -10 to + 65
• Limit temperature -25C to + 70C
• Humidity Operating 95% RH
• IP rating IP52